Data protection and privacy.
Your data. Your trust.
Our commitment to you
You are at the centre of what we do. It is our goal to maintain your trust by handling your personal data respectfully and giving you control. It is important that you know what personal data Live Nation (referred to here as "we" or "Live Nation") holds about you and how we use it. We have tried to keep our explanations short and understandable. If you would like more information or you have questions, please contact our data protection officer using the "contact us" section. If we make significant changes to our data protection practices, we will inform you about these. Where necessary, we will obtain your consent for this.
Our privacy statement was designed to serve our customers. The extent to which this declaration is applicable to you depends on how you interact with us.
If, for example, you
- buy a ticket for one of our events, we will use the data you provide us to meet our obligations and, if you have asked us to do so, to keep you informed about other events which could be of interest to you; and
You can find a more detailed description of your existing choices and rights below.
What data we have and where we collect it
- We collect and store various types of data about you if you set up an account, buy tickets, contact us, and use our websites, apps and social media.
How we use your data
- We collect and use your data for many reasons, for example, to enable you to attend events that you love, to inform you about news, for marketing purposes and for other legally required reasons.
Who we share the data with
- We are allowed to share your data with event partners – such as artists, organisers, record labels, the team and the event site – as well as with other third parties connected with the services provided to you.
Your choices and rights
- Among other things, you can choose whether you want to receive advertising from us. You can also access the data that we have saved about you.
How we look after your data
- We always take steps to ensure that your data is protected and that it is safely deleted when we no longer need it.
Questions and suggestions
- If you have any questions or suggestions about this privacy statement or how we handle your data, please contact us.
What data we have and where we get it from
- If you create an account or buy a product from us (for example tickets or merchandise), we collect your contact and billing information.
- If you buy tickets for one of our events or an event which we are co-organising, we receive your data from official ticket sellers used for the sale of tickets for events promoted or co-promoted by or for the event sites hired by us. This comprises your name, your contact data and information about the ticket purchase, for example the number of tickets and the seat number(s).
- If you attend one of our events, we can collect your data via (i) video surveillance cameras (signs advise you of where the cameras are in use), (ii) our complimentary Wi-Fi (if you register to use it) and, where available, (iii) cashless payments using wristbands, which may be used to access events and with which you can make purchases at the event.
- If you use a social media function on our website or in our apps and post on social networks, the website of the social network will provide us with data about you.
- Should you have accessibility needs, we want to ensure that you can enjoy attending our events. To do this, we must collect information about your special needs (which may mean that you must provide information about your mental or physical health).
- In the rare cases where we collect personal data about children, we always obtain parental consent and will only collect this data for the purposes stated at the time of collection.
- We use suppliers that collect geo demographic data which enables us to better personalise our services to you. If you do not agree with this, please read the section "Your rights and choices" below.
How and why we use your data
This section explains how we use your data and the legal basis for
1. To fulfil your contract with us
We use your data if you conclude a contract with us (for example to buy merchandise or tickets) so we can:
- process your order,
- accept payments, and
- offer you customer support.
2. For legitimate business reasons
- To conduct market research and analysis to improve and amend our products and services.
- For our advertising purposes, insofar as your consent is not required for the advertising (see section 3 below).
- To send you customer service emails with booking confirmations and event reminders.
- To prevent or detect unlawful behaviour, to protect or enforce our legal rights or in any other legally permitted scope. For example, we do this to ensure that tickets are obtained by "real fans". Therefore, we may use your data to prevent the sale of tickets on black markets, the abuse of our intellectual property (for example, our brands or those of our event partners), fraud or other crimes.
- To create a profile about you which enables us to personalise our services for you. For example, if you buy tickets for pop events and have agreed to receive our advertising, we will inform you about other pop events which may interest you.
3. About your personalisation settings
can offer you more of what interests you if we know you better. To
ensure that our notifications and our website are relevant to you, we
create a user profile with the data that we have about you and the
use of our services.
to deactivate personalisation
- Simply deactivate "allow personalisation" in your account settings. We will stop all forms of personalisation and use your data only for basic services, for example, to check for fraud.
happens if you turn off personalisation?
- We will no longer use your data to determine what your interests are. This means that you will no longer receive personal recommendations and that all newsletters to which you have subscribed will only have generic content (but if you have requested notifications about certain artists or event locations, we will continue to send you these).
- We will continue to conduct profiling activities where these are necessary to provide you with our services, for example for the purposes of detecting fraud and if you expressly request this, for example because you follow a certain artist.
deactivating personalisation the same as deactivating cookies?
4. To ensure the security of our business and that of our event partners
If you have given your consent
- To send you information or offers regarding our upcoming events, products or services – which can occur by email, via push and web notifications, via SMS or via platforms on social networks.
- To provide you with location-related services – for example, our festival apps, which you can use to see yourself on the map, meaning we may use your location to send you push notifications and to inform you what is happening around you.
- To perform crowd-management analyses – several of our apps use crowd-management software so we can see how many people are in front of a certain stage or at what times the bars are busiest. This enables us to use our resources more efficiently. We activate the software shortly before the festival or the event and deactivate it shortly afterwards so that we do not monitor any devices when this is not necessary.
- To process your health data so we can meet your accessibility needs, insofar as this is explicitly requested and your express consent has been given.
Who we share your data with & why
- Within the Live Nation Entertainment Group, which provides us with services such as marketing, profiling, accounting and technical support.
- Our third-party service providers (sometimes also known as data processors), such as cloud computing providers, which provide the IT infrastructure on which our products and systems are based.
- Our co-organisers or event partners, which organise or provide certain services at an event (in accordance with their privacy provisions).
- Third parties that provide goods and services (for example merchandise) purchased by you, to enable them to process and fulfil your orders.
- Governmental or other authorised bodies insofar as legally permitted or required
- Any legal successor to our company or a part thereof
Your choices and rights
If you have granted us your consent, you may revoke this as follows.
- To no longer receive our advertising, you can change your preferences in your account, follow the instructions in the emails that we send you or contact us so we can do this for you
- To deactivate location tracking and receipt of push notifications, you can change the settings on your device or deactivate your location. Web push notifications can be deactivated via your browser settings.
- To reject personalisation, you can change your preferences in your account. If this option is not available, you can contact us and we will do it for you.
Your rights also refer to the way your personal data is used, including:
- The right to reject your personal data being processed by us.
- The right to request the deletion or limitation of the further use of your data.
- The right to correct, amend or update data that you have given us (if you have an account with us, you can also do this by logging in and updating your data).
- The right to reject any automated decision-making about you. Automated decision-making is a decision made without human intervention which has legal consequences (for example, a credit check). In general, we do not perform any automated decision-making, but if we do this, we will make it clear where such decisions have been made.
To assert one of these rights, please contact privacy[at]LiveNation.de. Please note that while we will carefully review every request we receive, your rights may differ depending on where you live and we will not always be obliged to meet your request. Should this be the case, we will explain the reasons for this to you.
How we look after your data
We have taken security measures to protect your data. The security measures we have taken depend on the type of data collected.
We keep your data only as long as is necessary to provide the services you have requested, for the purposes specified in this policy and for all legal purposes for which we are obliged to keep the data. We will securely delete your data in accordance with our applicable, internal policies if it is no longer needed for these purposes.
As part of a global group, we rely on shared services, some of which are located outside of Europe. If "world-class acts" are on tour, your data may be transmitted worldwide in order to offer you a seamless experience.
rules apply to this type of data transfer in order to ensure that
your data continues to enjoy a high level of protection. If we
transfer data in this manner, we will ensure that appropriate
security measures are taken. If your data is transferred outside of
the European Economic Area, we will use one of the mechanisms listed
- Standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission
- EU-US privacy shield
- Binding internal data protection provisions
- Binding internal data protection provisions for processors
you wish to receive further information or a copy of the relevant
documentation, please contact us.
you have questions about the points mentioned above or about how data
protection is handled, our special data protection office and our
data protection officer will be happy to
addition, you can contact the data protection officer for Hesse,
although we would ask that you first contact us so we can assist you
with your request.
Last updated: 22 July 2021